CISRS Operative Training Scheme (COTS)
Training Course Overview
Aim and Objectives:
This course is for New Entrant/Operatives. In addition existing CISRS Scaffolding Labourer cardholders will be required to complete the course on expiry of their current card and prior to a new card being issued, as part of CISRS scheme requirements
At the end of the course candidates shall be able to:
- Understand the basics of the Scaffolding industry
- Work safely with scaffolding and access equipment.
- Ensure that existing operatives are up to date, as a scaffolding labourer
- Introduction and welcome
- Course scope, aims and objectives
- Health and safety
- General responsibilities
- Basic scaffolding terminology (components and application)
- Servicing of equipment (tube, fittings, boards etc.)
- Boards and stock – quality control
- Health, welfare, hygiene and housekeeping
- Electrical safety
- Fire prevention and control
- Noise and vibration
- Working at height
- Accident prevention and reporting
- Slips, trips and falls
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Transport safety on site
- Equipment and tools
- Manual handling (including loading and unloading)
- Lifting equipment using rope and wheel
- Questions/test paper.
The successful achievement of the above training objectives will be demonstrated using the following assessment methods:
- 25 question multiple choice test and achieve at least 76% in order to have passed. Each candidate is only allowed 1 resit.
Candidates must also be able to complete the following exercises during the practical session:
- Standing up a 13ft tube
- Lifting two 5’ tubes onto shoulder
- Lifting and carrying boards
- Using barrow/truck
- Lifting and carrying a ladder
Training Location Options:
Certificates are included in the cost of this course and are produced by BEIS Ltd. They will be forwarded to the customer once payment has been received in full.
You will be required to wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) during the practical aspects of your course
You will be required to bring with you your own hard hat, safety boots, high visibility vest and eye Protection (for Brand Sites).
(* PPE can be provided at additional cost - please indicate requirement and we will provide hire cost)
Number of Candidates per Course:
A minimum of 4, maximum of 12
For more information on this or other courses please contact us on 0844 335 8860 (Option 3) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
SGB and Hünnebeck are trading names of Brand Energy and Infrastructure Services UK Limited.
Get in contact
Tel 0844 335 8860 | email@example.com